I work as Director Technology & Product on FYEO for
ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE and am
located in Cologne, Germany.
I love creating solid systems in a high-performance environment.
In the past I worked on projects for a lot of different clients. You can find more about my list of clients on my portfolio.
Director Technology & Product for FYEO at ProSiebenSat.1 Digital
January 2021 – now
Director Technology for FYEO at ProSiebenSat.1 Digital
July 2020 – December 2020
Freelance Software Developer and Architect
April 2013 – July 2020
- Consulting for middle and large-scale web projects
- Analyses and improvement of new and existing software architectures
- Workshops for agencies to coach their developers and designers
- Scrum Master and technical project lead
April 2010 – April 2013: Lead Frontend developer at /gebrüderheitz, Freiburg
November 2011 – April 2014: Software developer and Co-Founder at colored.by
January 2019 – present: Software Developer and Co-Founder at Warhol
Open Source & Community Engagement
Co-host of Working Draft Podcast: Strong influence on the German-speaking community while being a member of the weekly web-development and web-news podcast Working Draft since 2011.
Co-Organizer of the web development and design focused NightlyBuild Conference in Cologne from 2014 to 2017.
I am very happy to be invited to any conference in our scene and beyond.
- MODXpo 2015; Munich, Germany – Workflow: Frontend Tooling – "Tool with it!"
- SoCoded 2013; Hamburg, Germany – Starting Front-End Projects – Video
- Frontend Conference 2013; Zürich, Switzerland – Be Friends With You Designer And Style Guides – Updated • Video
- Beyond Tellerrand Side Stage 2013; Düsseldorf, Germany – Component Based Development
- Front-Trends 2013; Warsaw, Poland – Be Friends With You Designer And Style Guides • Video
- UX Munich 2013; Munich, Germany – Be Friends With You Designer And Style Guides • Video
- TakeOff Conference 2013; Lille, France – Writing Awesome Code – Extended Version • Video
I wrote some articles on the interwebz and offline. Here is a list. Hopefully more to come.
- Interview: Work inspiration with Hans Christian Reinl (Mar 5, 2015)
- CSS Naming Conventions: Less Rules, more Fun on Medium.com (Jun 19, 2014)
- A counter statement: Putting the CSS in the head on Medium.com (Feb 3, 2014)
- Shared Grunt Configuration for The Nitty Gritty
- Reducing Boilerplate Code in Front-End Projects for The Nitty Gritty
- Decoupling CSS from HTML with reusable modules for The Nitty Gritty
- [de] SCREENGUIDE – issue 15 – Neues für Webseitendrucker - Extended Version in English
- [de] SCREENGUIDE – issue 14 – Boilerplates – So starten Sie Ihre Projekte schneller und effizienter
- .net Magazine – issue 224 – .net HTML5 site of the month – Project: Haufe iDesk²
- [de] Box-Sizing – CSS3 Adventskalender on maddesigns’ blog
- [de] Apple’s Navigation mit Flexbox – CSS3 Adventskalender in maddesigns’ blog
Please send me a mail if you want me to write for you.
As a Frontend developer I worked on a lot of things over the years. Here are some skills I consider myself good at.
- Component based development
- Micro-Service Oriented Architecture
- Implementing Coding conventions and guidelines within teams
- Building Pattern Libraries for better collaboration across teams
- Automation: Continuous Integration, build tools, regression & end-to-end testing
- Node.js: Deep knowledge of the platform, Express, TypeORM, Sequelize
- Using TypeScript on the client- and server-side
- Working with Apache Kafka
- Experience in Responsive ( web design | development | images | UX )
- Accessibility and "SEO"
- Working agile
- Setup and development of Scrum teams, experience with Scrum at Scale
- Coaching for teams and change management
- Strong communication skills