The state of how developers write code changes with the experience they gain. I tried to describe the phases that I have experienced within the last couple of years and tried to generalize them.Read more
When I was working in a small agency, years ago, in Germany's warmest city, Freiburg, my boss introduced the team to agile working methods that he had read a book about. We had a whiteboard with some columns on them named To Do, Doing, Done. Some stickies were on these columns. We had a fast-lane which was filled with tasks all the time. I felt I was doing quite some work when fulfilling the tasks and moving a pile of them from one column to the next. Anyway, projects didn't finish on time. The feeling of being productive vanished as soon as we felt we were delivering late. Was there a problem in productivity?Read more
With Heroku you can easily setup deployment and hosting of your application in the cloud. Here are 6 steps how to quickly set up your Node.js application on Heroku.Read more
I've written a transmitter which collects data from Contentful and indexes it in Algolia. It is written in Node.js and really simple.
The application syncs content between Contentful and Algolia. You can configure the service to run with Drafts (Preview API) from Contentful and put it in different indexes in Algolia.
In the past I have written about how I use npm scripts for my build tooling. With this article I want to write about some problems I had and how I solved them. The problems I want to talk about further:
- Extensive build configuration
- Build environments
- A Checklist for Website Reviews
- Simplicity in Front-End Tooling
- Testing ES6 Modules with Mocha using Babel with Browserify
- Using npm as a build system for your next project
- Learnings from using Sass in large scale projects
- Introducing INIT – A Boilerplate Framework for Front-End Projects
- Add the <main>-Element to Modernizr 2.6.2
- A Few More Words on Accessible Dialogs/Modals
- Introducing CSS Modal
- Printing The Web
- Speaking Engagements, the .net-Awards and Freelancing
- TakeOff Conference: Talking About Good Code
- The REM Fallback with Sass or LESS
- Working Draft Revision 100
- New Resource for Web Devs: The Nitty Gritty
- Conferencing and Test The Web Forward
- Writing Awesome Code – Fronteers Jam Session 2012
- Yeoman – Level-up Your Daily Workflow
- HTML5 Boilerplate – v4.0.0
- An Approach on Building an Advanced Initial Boilerplate
- Principles of writing consistent, idiomatic CSS
- SASS vs. LESS
- My Coding Style and Guidelines
- RECESS – A CSS cleaning tool build on top of LESS
- About CSS Variables
- About The CSS Hierarchies Module Level 3
- Dabblet Chrome App
- About Git’s Cherry-Picking
- Effects for the Web!
- Is Mothereffin’ jQuery Up?
- Responsive Media
- A Travel Through Time – and Back
- Lea Verou’s Animatable
- How to Build an Accordion-Menu using CSS and a bit of jQuery
- Resize Elements with CSS3
- Wo sind meine abgerundeten Ecken?
- “Where Are My Rounded Corners?” – German Translation
- CSS3: Rotate Images on Click
- Touch-Icons for Android-Devices: Y U No Working?
- Text-Shadow in Internet Explorer
- HTML5 Boilerplate Favicon PSD-Template
- Pseudo-Elements in Print-Styles for References in Links
- Add Style-Syntax in Comments with `, _ and *
- Offer Files as Download with [email protected]
- Mobile Design is not only Responsive
- CSS3: Auto Hyphenation for Text-Elements
- The Difference between Push and Pull
- This is what it’s all about!