Different projects I have worked on used Sass as the pre-compiler of their choice. This post shares some learnings we had while using Sass. There are a couple of great articles on how to use Sass in large scale projects — this one is more of a retrospective. I hope it helps you solving problems if you ever run into them. I wrote about some of my recent projects and the learnings I had.
We don’t need this anymore With Modernizr v2.7.0 we don’t need this work around anymore. Please update to this version if you use <main>. tl;dr: You can add the new main-element to Modernizr 2.6.2 by using HTML5 Shiv’s window.html5 option to add your own elements to the shiv. Since I use some bleeding edge stuff in HTML and CSS in actual projects for clients I ran into one particular issue a couple of times lately and I thought I share a little workaround with you. Modernizr’s current state Modernizr includes HTML5 Shiv to make HTML5 elements like header, figure and
- Printing The Web
- Speaking Engagements, the .net-Awards and Freelancing
- TakeOff Conference: Talking About Good Code
- The REM Fallback with Sass or LESS
- Working Draft Revision 100
- New Resource for Web Devs: The Nitty Gritty
- Conferencing and Test The Web Forward
- Writing Awesome Code – Fronteers Jam Session 2012
- Yeoman – Level-up Your Daily Workflow
- HTML5 Boilerplate – v4.0.0
- An Approach on Building an Advanced Initial Boilerplate
- Principles of writing consistent, idiomatic CSS
- SASS vs. LESS
- My Coding Style and Guidelines
- RECESS – A CSS cleaning tool build on top of LESS
- About CSS Variables
- About The CSS Hierarchies Module Level 3
- Dabblet Chrome App
- About Git’s Cherry-Picking
- Effects for the Web!
- Is Mothereffin’ jQuery Up?
- Responsive Media
- A Travel Through Time – and Back
- Lea Verou’s Animatable
- How to Build an Accordion-Menu using CSS and a bit of jQuery
- Resize Elements with CSS3
- Wo sind meine abgerundeten Ecken?
- “Where Are My Rounded Corners?” – German Translation
- CSS3: Rotate Images on Click
- Touch-Icons for Android-Devices: Y U No Working?
- Text-Shadow in Internet Explorer
- HTML5 Boilerplate Favicon PSD-Template
- Pseudo-Elements in Print-Styles for References in Links
- Add Style-Syntax in Comments with `, _ and *
- Offer Files as Download with a@download
- Mobile Design is not only Responsive
- CSS3: Auto Hyphenation for Text-Elements
- The Difference between Push and Pull
- This is what it’s all about!